Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Post CC Training Thoughts (Part 3): Goal-Setting

For all who had trained (we included) at ExcelAsia Training and Development Center, the reason for being there and training there was practically the same: to have a job. Not any job to be exact, but to have a job in the call center industry. For those who are training now, and would be training in the future, what is your reason…really? What is your goal?



Let’s face the truth, not everyone that goes into ExcelAsia wants to have a job, or even lands a job, in the call center industry. Moreover, some of them leave even before the training is completed. One factor or reason after another, but that’s the truth. And there’s more. However, this is not why I’m writing this short thought work.



For those who sincerely and seriously wished to work in the call center industry through the help of ExcelAsia, I sincerely believe that the trainers had never failed to remind us to set our goal, and keep looking at it. I, for my part, always remember even up to this point what our trainer (Roanna) constantly reminded us of…and it goes this way:



“What is your goal? To have a job!”

“Job where? Job in the call center!”



As of this moment, I’m taking my chances in communicating with my co-trainees, and I am pleased to know that some of them already landed their jobs in their respective call centers, and they would be starting sometime soon. I’m continuously praying and hoping for the rest, as they find their own ways, whether it is a life as a call center employee, or something else.



With regards to goal-setting, the trainers never failed in helping us do that. I remember one of them said: “What they can do is to help us find our paths and give us a bird’s eye view and a head-start…the rest of the journey rests on us”.

No comments: