Thursday, May 10, 2007

Time and Thoughts

Time Flies…So are Responsibilities

Somehow, I feel this month of May would be fast. Ok, it would still end up with 31 days in its sleeve, but the events that would transpire within this month would make it look so fast and fleeting. That reminds me, what are still the things that I need to do?

I honestly admit, there are still things in my summer agenda that I have not yet fulfilled, for one reason or another. But as long as the school year hasn’t started yet, I have every time I need to do whatever I need to.

With regards to some of my duties and responsibilities, here’s an update: my term in DBC’s Student Council would be over this coming school year, I’m planning to lay down my position as Feature Ed of the school’s paper, and also did a L.O.A. for my Singles Encounter Group. My other membership to school’s organizations were just short-timed or short-goaled, so when the goal was reached, we were just practically dissolved. At the beginning of the month, I talked with my PYM’s Youth Coordinator to tell her that I’ll need a break from the ministry. Good thing is that she allowed me to. Still, my affiliations with other organizations are placed in the line of my decision wherein I should stay or not.

Why all the sudden turn-down of responsibilities, you say? Simple. I need to focus on more important things right now. Don’t get me wrong: I say “more important”, so that means that even those that I laid down are important. But judging from the situation that I am in now, I could just afford to concentrate and give my whole attention to less than five important factors in my life.


Just Some Thoughts…Again

I think it would be hypocrisy for me to say that I could still give; even if I don’t have anything to give…I feel that it’s not giving, but bargaining. Why? Coz’ at the back of my head, I’m urged to think of asking for something in return.

I think it’s hard for just one person to go to the other side for the sake of the other. I believe that no one could be perfectly the same as the other person. Meet in the middle, will ya?

I think it’s just stupid for someone to meddle with other people’s personal lives. There is a thin line between caring and meddling, so watch where you are right now.

Failing to act on something leads someone to blame everything besides oneself

Some people are just too full of themselves, that they don’t see other people as they are. Rather, they just see others are either mere shadows along their path or someone who is trying to be like them. And in the process, they pity them; though not evidently.

A general thought: one cannot judge something or someone as such (either good or bad) without giving reference to one side (most of the time, that which is good). However, is that which is considered as the reference point, really must be the reference? Let’s face it: people are sometimes standing on the wrong ground.

No comments: