Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Me and My Girlfriend :)

As of this moment, I am with my girlfriend for 1 year, 9 months, 20 days and counting. And I cannot wait until we reach our 2nd year anniversary…much more when that time comes when I can say that we are together for life.

Somehow, at the onset, this year’s haven’t been good to our relationship, due to many factors of which I would be depressed if still remembered. If it is possible to erase it in our history, I would gladly take that. But the fact remains that it won’t happen, and the best thing to do to those “dark moments” is mold them to something where both of us can learn. I give my girlfriend the credit for this one for two reasons: she has more maturity in dealing with this kind of relationship, and she is the one who in spite of anything and everything, continues to stay strong for us.

Actually, I cannot blame the time or the circumstance; I could just point at my actions and reactions which led to the unpleasant things that occurred in our relationship. Pointing fingers or playing the blame game isn’t part of my attitude. I cannot even blame her, why should I?

I can remember the time when I posted here some of the thoughts that I came up with regarding relationships. I can also remember that I mentioned in the last line that those thoughts remain as such unless lived. I tried to live those thoughts, some of them proved to be true in certain percentages, and some others still need to be reviewed and revised.

Going back, there were a lot of realizations that happened as my girlfriend and I go through our lives, as individual persons, and as a couple. Sometimes, I’m at fault of not knowing where the line is drawn. I admit that at times, I over-exaggerate, argue at almost everything and even shut my mind in what I want to think. She may not tell me, but I realize that there are times that both of us tend to hurt one another without both of us knowing. Still, I hold on to the thought that “success and failure of our relationship cannot be attributed to just one or the other, but on us both”. Since we’re still together, growing stronger and more faithful to one another…we’re still doing the right thing, in spite of all the rough edges that we had or have at this point

From the moment we first met back at 2005 until now, I won’t ask for anything to be changed, even if I’m given a chance to. Yes, things may have been better or more colorful, but I am more thankful at the fact that, through thick and thin, through the ups and downs that both of us shared…we continue to let each other know and feel that we are loved. Everything else follows.

I can continue on relating things about us, but let me stop for the meantime…
The truth remains: I love her so much, and she knows the rest :)

No comments: