Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Christmas Vacation

…was great! Though, short, I believe that the last Christmas vacation that I had was the greatest so far. Let me share what happened on some days for that duration from December 22 to January 6:

December 22, 2007- after last night’s activity (College Christmas Party), I went back home for some Christmas shopping rush. I went home with my laptop bag and an additional baggage: a guitar that I won the previous night (Why Lord?! I don’t even know how to use it?)Those were not for me, though; but for my family. Ever since we transferred to our home in Parañaque, it has been our tradition to have “exchange gifts” for Christmas. This will be the third year, I guess. I was with my Baby Joan (my girlfriend) and we went to SM Southmall and spent the whole day there, some shopping and arcades at Storyland made our day.

December 24-I went together with my family for the yearly Christmas Eve Mass, and celebrated Christmas Day together at the strike of 12 in the midnight (thus, the next day). I gave my presents to everyone at home: a Spoof T-shirt for Daddy (with the “League of Pogi Gentlemen design), a book for Mommy (I believe she could use that in her counseling career), bags for both my sister and brother, two (2) PSP games for our youngest brother, and a bag as well for our Ate Ning (our helper).

December 25- unlike the previous years, where out relatives from the province would come to us for Christmas (from either side), this Christmas was quite a quiet one. It was just a simple day with the family. I went out in the afternoon to go to mass with my Baby Joan and after that, had a simple Christmas dinner with her family, then went immediately home for my own family’s Christmas dinner.

December 31- still, I went together with my family to the New Year’s Eve Mass, at the same time as the Christmas Eve Mass. Earlier that evening, our relatives from Bataan arrived to spend New Year with us (our Tito from her in his short vacation from his work in Dubai). Quarter time before the midnight of the New Year when all lights and electricity of our place went out. We didn’t know if there had been a mishap somewhere or it was just to avoid such mishap. Thus, we welcomed the New Year in darkness, but with the illumination and fading light of the fireworks up in the sky. Electricity went back at around 1:15 in the morning, as the lights and sounds show of the fireworks slowly died away. Me and my cousins (Ivy and Aiza) just took our chances with the videoke until about 4 in the morning.

Oh, by the way, it’s my Dad’s birthday as well (New Year’s Day).

January 1, 2008- the New Year shares the same day as my Dad’s birthday. When I woke up two hours after my sleep at 4 o’clock in the morning, I helped out with the preparations and at lunchtime, visitors and relatives from both sides of the family poured in. Total mayhem situation at hand, but we prevailed. After the day, the house is still at one piece, though some things were not. The most difficult part of my Dad’s celebration, I believe, was the cleanup. While Ate Ning (our helper) was busy in the kitchen, I was moving and cleaning about with the rest of the house: from the Kubo, to the Family Room, to the Dining Room as well as all the rooms where our visitors and relatives stayed for the day. At the end of the day, I just found out (sarcastic tone >:D) that my whole body’s aching.

But the most difficult thing that happened that day was…I was not able to go to mass with my girlfriend. I was stuck at home, while she decided to go with her family for that once-in-a-blue moon opportunity that they go to mass together. Anyway, I have to understand right?

January 4- both me and my Baby Joan (my girlfriend) decided to go to First Friday Mass, considering the fact that we still don’t have classes yet. After that, we went to the salon for my extended Christmas gift for her: Hair Relax. It was kind of boring, considering that I don’t have anything to do in that place (well…except watching the hairdresser work on my girlfriend’s hair), and maybe watch some stupid show in the TV. After that, we went for a while to our house for some scanning errand her father asked her to do. Then we went to her house and spent some hours there. Just a simple day with an extraordinary person, I believe.

Just a simple period in time, but made extraordinary by the things that we do, experience and learn. I sure learned a lot from this vacation. I know.

No comments: