Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Post CC Training Thoughts (Part 1)

“Great people…great memories…”

A few days back (Thursday, June 25, 2008), my call center training ended with the endorsement that transpired at Ascott Makati. I started the training last June 8, and until now, I cannot help but be thankful for those who had been instrumental to the accomplishment of this preparation for work.

I first encountered ExcelAsia Training and Development Center from Jobstreet, back to the time when I decided to work, and to work in the call center, to be exact. Honestly, I never saw myself having a job that corresponds to my college degree, so I thought, “If I cannot bank on my degree for work, I believe I could rely on my skills and knowledge of other things”. I’m not saying that I know everything there is to know about the call center industry prior to the training. If that had been the case, I should not have undergone the training in the first place. I sent my application, and was scheduled for an interview last July 5, which was a Friday, at their Pasong Tamo branch. That day came, and it was my first time to go to that certain part in Makati; and though it was sort of a pain for the first time that I went there, it paid off…I was accepted for training. With this, I thank Ms. Lauren Reyes for accepting me as one of the trainees.

First day came (June 8), and with a stroke of luck, I ended up with one of the craziest bunch that I’ve been with. Of course, there were the usual first-day jitters running throughout the room, but that was quickly dissolved thanks to a super-enthusiastic and lively communications trainer (Roanna Ruiz) and 20 trainees (with me included). After the GTKO’s and ice-breakers, we finally had the comfortable feeling to start the training. We were then joined by other trainees the next day, thus we became 26 trainees all in all under the guidance of Roanna. Though some of us left prior to finishing the training, we still had a blast!

Hours and days passed through our training and there was not a single day wasted…each day was given to us as a chance to learn and grow, not only as future call center agents but as persons, first and foremost. It was just kind of sad because a few days before the end of our training, most of us got sick (and I believe it started with me). I was out of training for two days, and somehow, I felt that those days were lost beyond recovery.

And now, the training is finally over. I haven’t heard much from the people who I used to be with back at ExcelAsia, considering that this is the period of job-hunting and endorsements for most of them. I am sincerely hoping for the best for them. To the “Pioneers” (though I prefer calling our group “Sickos and Psychos”), good luck and my prayers are with you as you go on starting anew in the call center industry. To the other trainees that I’ve been with, still, good luck and I hope you would get what you long for. On the side, I just feel sad that I was not able to know some of the people who I went with during the training…I just had the chance to talk to some during the endorsement day, which was kind of late already. But anyway, my prayers and high hopes for all of you.

As for the afternoon shift trainers (Noel, Al, Camille, Wene, Kat and most especially Roanna), I sincerely thank all of you for being a part of me and every trainees’ growth and learning. Let me speak for the others as I say this: We can assure you that no matter where we’ll end up working (May it be in the call center industry or elsewhere), we will be the best that we can be, thanks to all of you.

To end this little write-up (others will follow soon), I just want to quote something that Roanna shared to us…I’m hoping that everyone else can see its worth:

“Do not concern yourself with the feeling of fear and nervousness in doing something. Rather, concentrate on the feeling of satisfaction after doing what needs to be done”.

No comments: