Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Movies…

Patch Adams

This is one of the movies that I liked from then till now. And there are times when I ask myself why I like it. Is it because somehow, I am longing for something that I see in it? Or is it because I see myself in one of the people in the movie? Well…I am not sure until now.

When I watched this movie the last time (when I had my retreat last September), I decided to have a scholarly approach in it. I approached the movie in a manner that I looked for things that can be or worthy to be noticed and remembered. I got many, but here is some of it, of which I subject to my reflections.

  • Look beyond the problem, see the solution
  • See the world anew, life is not so bad so as not to see the goodies in it
  • Helping others makes someone forget about one’s own problems
  • Anything worth doing is difficult; none great is achieved easily
  • Think potential!
  • Titles distort one’s vision in life
  • Look beyond what is seen…
  • We can never be someone without the sweet and better past…

Life is Beautiful

Although this movie is of another language, the message is clear: it is about love that goes beyond life. And for this movie, it is the love of one man towards his family. From this movie, I got some interesting and remarkable thoughts that I can see as relevant not only for me, but for others as well.

  • Life is indeed beautiful
  • Lying to save? Is it possible? Does the end justify the means?
  • Life is what you make out of it…
  • There are bad and sad things that happen in our lives. What comes out of it, as well as the road where it leads us depends on our choice.

Pay it Forward

I’ve been hearing lots of things about this movie, and when I had been given a chance to watch it, why not? Very well then, these are what I picked up from the movie:

  • Generosity between strangers, is it possible?
  • What does the world mean to someone?
  • What if the world is just one big disappointment?
  • The realm of possibility exists in each one
  • Things may be hard, but not impossible
  • Think of an idea to change the world and put it into action!
  • Ideas are not altogether making someone idealistic
  • The power of the will and the choice…it matters
  • Reality check: things don’t always go the way we want them to
  • All is said and done, but what’s more important is what you do next
  • Some people don’t want to see what they need to see. Rather, they only see what they want to see
  • Change is need not to be seen, but felt.

No comments: