Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Simple Life…Funny Life

Jokes and jokes…too bad I just knew some of it lately. Would that mean that I am short of having a “happy” life? Just last January 14 and 15, I am treated with so many jokes from not only one, but with the whole family! And I can’t believe that I reached the age of twenty without even hearing those…silly me.

Well, I better share these jokes online, rather than having it said by me, coz I know, I wouldn’t look funny, and wouldn’t sound funny as well. Anyway, here it is:

How would I put an elephant in a refrigerator in three steps?

Simple. Open the fridge, place the elephant inside, and then shut the door of the fridge.

Now, how would you put a giraffe in a refrigerator?

Open the fridge, take out the elephant, place the giraffe inside, and then shut the door of the fridge.

Now, Simba (from the Lion King) called for a meeting, and every animal is asked to attend. Guess who’s not coming?

The giraffe, because it is inside the ref!

Then again, considering that you and your mom live in the jungle with a pharmacy on the other side of a shallow river. Your mother got sick, and you have to cross that river, which is full of crocodiles. What can you do to cross the river?

Just go across. Remember, Simba called all the animals for a meeting, and that includes the crocs!

After some time, you decided to go and stay for sometime in Japan because you won a round-trip ticket to that place. But, your plane had some technical problems (due to overloading) and is bound to crash. What will you throw first to lighten the load and save yourself?

Simple. The giraffe. Its still inside the refrigerator, remember?

I am really sorry, but I have to admit, I totally lost my composure laughing my heart out because of these. Am I that shallow to just laugh about simple things?

That’s the point. For the longest time I know, I have been trying to focus on things that I can see as deep and worthy of my time and efforts. I think that’s why I lost track of the simple things in life that I can still enjoy. Could I have been too late? Nah, I don’t think so.

What I learned from the jokes that I heard? Simple. Life is really not that complicated for me to forget that there is still time for me to take it easy, sit for awhile, and spend some time laughing and enjoying the simple things life, and especially God, gave me. Also, I realized, the next time I go to that place, I must have some jokes in my pocket!

No comments: