Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Trip

When my family and I, together with some of our former neighbors and friends from Muntinlupa went to Nasugbu, Batangas last weekend, I thought that it was already late for a splash down cool (and skin-darkening) waters before hitting back to school. But, just as my father calls it: “Huling Hirit sa Tag-init: PACPOB” (PACPOB stands for Poon, Afable, Castro, POBlete), it wasn’t that late, though.

I told myself that day that I would only swim during the afternoon or towards nighttime, but I just bit my tongue when we arrived there I and saw how enticing the place was. We left the house past 6 in the morning and arrived a little near 4 hours after. What I hoped to be a short stint at the pool turned into several hours of swimming at the beach, while somehow imagining that I’m hearing Sandwich’s “Sunburn” song (while hoping that I won’t be having that). lol.

With this family event that I had, let me share some moments where I had the chance to think and realize some facts that somehow escaped my mind this whole summer…

1) When I had the chance to talk with Ouie, my kid neighbor, I was somehow dumbfounded with the answer he gave me. I asked him, “Bakit mo ginagawa yan? (pertaining to the sand castle he was making along the seashore) He plainly answered, “Wala lang. Gusto ko eh.”

The thought: Sometimes, things just can’t be complicated; they can be seen as they are. When I started to criticize almost everything that comes into my known world, I tend to complicate what can be seen as just plain and simple. Actually, I miss those times when I can just answer plainly. Right now, honestly, I tend to go to even the littlest detail I know as such to answer even a simple question asked to me…But I can’t help it. Things are not plain and simple anymore in my world.

2) A large (and I mean it) group of students from MAPUA (EE,ECE et al) went to the same resort where we were, I can’t help but wonder how some people end up like what some had. Surprisingly, I bumped into an old classmate of mine way back in high school, who happens to be a graduating student in that school.

The thought: It’s really surprising to reminisce memories of the past with someone you share it with. And somehow disappointing that you haven’t got the chance to share your present with that same person you shared your past with. But hey, this is a big world…I must go out and explore…

Humbling, simple, happy…

No comments: