Thursday, April 26, 2007

delayed posts

Stuck at Home

Being stuck at home this vacation is somehow boring. Yah, I admit, some of the things that I do while I’m stuck in our house is somehow done routinely. Come to think of it, isn’t this like what I used to do back then? (Back when?)

But, I also have to admit, this daily routine that I do here around the house makes me remember some of the things that I almost forgot; one of which is, discipline. Ok..ok, so I’m not that stern person that I used to be. But maybe, a little discipline gained each day makes me a better person, right?

Btw, how do I spend a regular summer day here? Let me describe. I wake up at 5 or 6 in the morning, regardless of the time I slept the previous day. I sweep the façade of our house, as well as the garage; then I go water the plants. While I’m doing that, I also heat water for coffee, as well as turn of the lights from the grotto and the kubo. If I’m done at around 7, I start then to sweep the floor inside the house, from the rooms upstairs, going down to the rest of the house. Since my dad’s the one cooking breakfast, that’s one chore down for me. After my parents as well as my sister leave the house for work, I clean up in the kitchen. After which will I only take my breakfast (mainly a cup of coffee and a piece of bread).

I go with the rest of the day by cleaning the CR’s, feeding the dogs, clean the kubo and other stuffs like that. At around 5 in the afternoon, I start to work in the kitchen. If my parents leave me with something to cook for dinner, that’s the thing that I usually do. From preparing, eating and cleaning up the dining room and kitchen, that’s my job. I usually finish my day’s work by 9 in the evening, after locking up.

Some asked my what my usual leisure activities in between my daily chores? Sometimes, I listen to the radio, have a little time in the Internet, or simply channel surfing in the TV.

I have to admit, in the middle of this summer vacation, I feel tired, with all this things that I practically do everyday. But hey, “no pain, no gain”, right?

What then can I gain from this, ei? Wala ba akong day-off? (HAHAHA!)

Sometimes, I think: I should be somehow envious with those who do nothing this vacation but be happy in their means possible. But I don’t…. :)

Cooking

From among the usual household chores that I do, the least that I like is that of cooking. But hey, that was then…

Since vacation started, there are some instances wherein my dad or mom would call up and tell me to do this or do that. But lately, they’ve been asking me to cook! What the?!

But, happily, I pulled my work fine. Well, besides from little cuts and small burns, I’m still ok.

I hope I could cook good food before the school year starts, coz I’m gonna miss home-style cooking then.

Refreshing my Driving Know-how

I had my driving lessons last year, but I wasn’t able to practice it. As far as I can remember, the last time I drove was May last year, while on our stay in Bataan. The school year passed without me having the chance to take over the wheel.

I feel so glad when my dad decided to let me practice my driving this summer. However, it’s not with a driving school; and my dad’s not the one to see through? Who? My brother!

Yikes! That one whose driving makes me nuts at times; who drives at times at 120 kph in the highway, when its supposed to be only a hundred?

But then, I have to trust my dad’s decision. Just last Monday, I started with my brother seated beside me in the front seat. He’s not bad after all. He’s giving me tips in driving that I instructor never told me a year back. And they’re useful too! And besides, he’s not as pessimistic as my former instructor.

I just hope I could finish my driving review by the first week of May. I plan to have my license as an advance gift for myself.

At least, I have something productive for myself that I did this vacation.

No comments: