Sunday, April 22, 2007

Going Out

I think it’s quite a luxury for me that I still have the chance to go out of the house from time to time. You see, since its vacation, my parents allowed our helper to go back to the province with her family. With no one to look after the house, they somehow appointed me to do it. Not only that, but practically doing almost everything what our helper is doing (except washing and ironing the clothes, as well as cooking). I think they made a good decision, but sometimes I think that somehow, they are left with no choice :p. Why? Both of my parents are working, my sister is also working; my brother is concentrating on his ECE Exams and Aspirancy for a certain organization. So, that leaves me, in my summer vacation, to do whatever they ask me to around the house. Not only that, I also have our youngest brother to worry about. Oh, brother!

I’m not complaining, actually, I like it. Why? There are quite a number of reasons why. I get to have some time at home. I could do some chores around the house (so I can somehow justify why I have to stay here at this time). I can work throughout the day, so I could keep my body from gaining so much weight from eating. And still there are so much more…

Going back to the title, as I say, it’s quite a luxury for me to go outside from time to time. There are some simple rules to follow for me to have some time out:

1.) There must be a substitute adult to stay for me to go,

2.) All assigned and initiated chores for the day must be finished,

3.) House must be in order and secured, rooms must be arranged and neat,

4.) If I decide to leave during the day, I must be home by 6 in the evening (to cook dinner),

5.) If I decide to leave in the evening, I must be home not later than 10, and lastly,

6.) If I leave home, ask permission from my parents first.

Some may think, “I’m already 20 years old, why still ask permission from my parents? Why still do chores around the house? Why still take care of my brother who’s already 12 years old?” “Why this and why that?”

Simple answers. First, I need to. Second, I want to.

By the way, if you’ll ask me about what I usually do when I have the opportunity to spend some time out? Simple. I spend it the way I see it fit. I have no time for doing nonsense.


A Happy Moment

I believe that yesterday is one of those days that I could really wish would happen as often as possible. It’s just simple: Knowing that I spent worthy (but somehow fleeting) time doing something worthwhile with someone so special.

Thank you so much!

Details, you say? Nah! For some other time…

Maybe. :))

No comments: