Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Appreciation…

One time, I asked my friends in the youth ministry this question: “Which came first? the Chicken or the Egg?” Though I was unable to hear for their answers, considering that we don’t have much luxury of the time, I guess I just have to spill the beans of what I think are the points of that question. I just want to share, that’s all…

Actually, I really don’t care much about the answer, whether the chicken or the egg came first. What I care about most in these questions lies in what people see in it: the idea of appreciation.

Appreciation? It seems kind of far off the question. Well, I just thought that since we have the time to have ourselves answer that question, I would like to assume that we somehow appreciate the presence of both the chicken and the egg. Besides, who would have the idea of talking about something that is not relevant or in any matter important to them? Whatever we have right now, or whatever we are talking about now is seen as an object of our appreciation.

Now…a question. How much do we appreciate? Either may it be things or people, events or others, we appreciate them, in one way or another. Since my audience of this question is my co-members in the ministry, I would like to put it in an analogy, with relevance to our lives in the ministry.

I know we are all aware of the presence of each and everyone of us in the ministry. I know you are aware that I am a member, and so am I, coz I am aware that each and everyone of us are members of this ministry. However, awareness is not the only thing to boost ourselves in the communitarian life in the ministry. We also need to show appreciation for each and everyone, and everything that we have in our lives as youth ministers.

Hey…I know that we appreciate the presence and efforts of each and everyone of us in the ministry. However, do we show it? Now don’t tell me that it doesn’t need to be shown…what we think or say to another means a lot.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask you…since it’s the season of Christmas. Show your appreciation to our co-members, however big or small they may have. A tap on the shoulder, a smile from you, a gentle word…it’s up to you. Each of us is important in this ministry, so we have to have good relationships with them. May it be you are on “top”, or not…Without good relationships with our “team”, how can we suppose to have a good work going?

As I end this, let’s think about this: “Ei…it’s good that we thought about this…after all, now I know that fried chickens and eggs are important to me!” Zykes! I just hope we see the message, k? God bless everyone!

No comments: