Saturday, December 09, 2006

Frustrations and Dreams

Being in the Student Council is fun, however, it is not always fun. It is not also always work, or serious, or anything in relation to it. First and foremost, I am not eligible (if the qualifications are to be taken into consideration) for the position, who is asking a student who already studied in our school for almost a year. I had stayed here in less than that. Actually, I was only here in this school for two months prior to my election and appointment. So, sometimes, I ask, “Am I really capable of handling things here in this school? How am I supposed to execute the things I need to do if I don’t know how to?”
Was it because that I am an ex-seminarian that they thought I can lead them? What were the reasons that I was nominated in the first place? What were their intentions in voting for me for this position? I, until now, am still in confusion.
I have to admit; sometimes I am “o.p.” (Out of place) since there are some matters that I don’t know. Yet these things challenge me to exert more effort on co-leading the students of the school. I am not a perfect leader, I know. But I can strive to be one. I do not have the ideal characteristics of a leader. But I can learn to be one.
I just hope that as I am in this position and term, I can do the best I can for them, and not for myself. I also hope that I can grow together with them as we go on this school year. Somehow, I know that I am growing. But I can’t take it if I am the only one growing.
Being a person in this position taught me many things; to be a better person, a better student, a better friend, a better co-worker…and a better leader.
I just hope that I can be more…yet I thank the Lord that I am made an instrument for service for other people…

No comments: