Saturday, December 09, 2006

Elevation in Timeline

I feel that my life here in Don Bosco is so fast…so fast that whatever is happening to me is so unusual for a student who is new at this school.
First, I inquired here the 28th of May this year, and immediately, I was reserved a spot for the enrollment, without even having an admission exam. They just looked at my documents, and poof! I am now a student of Don Bosco-Canlubang.
Ok, so I arrived here June 2006, after almost 5 days of Orientation and back-and-forth travel. But now, I stay in a dorm inside the dorm, and I go home in weekends. Somewhat the same as my former life…but I never actually missed that.
Now, fast forward to last week of July, I was invited by the Student Affairs’ Officer if I can join the Leadership Training Camp in Don Bosco Tabor House in Los Baños. I gladly accepted it, since I thought that this would be a chance for me to know new people from the school, since I am only a newbie. That is what I thought. Yah, it came true, but with some other extras with it.
The LT Camp was fun and interesting, and it really helped me reach other students. The activities are not only mere activities, but we found out later that through these activities, the facilitators are already eyeing for those potential leaders.
Here came the last day of the activities, where before we go home, we would have to decide who would run for the elections for the Student Council for that year. Who would have thought that I would join those people? I can still remember someone who asked me, “Would you like to be nominated?” I jokingly answered, “Kayo na ang bahala dyan, baka magsisi kayo!”
Nomination began, and to my surprise, I ended up as one of the nominees or candidates for the Student Council Elections of our school…
A week after, I won in the election for Vice-President for Internal Affairs. And a week after that, I swore into office.
Time flies…

No comments: