Saturday, December 09, 2006

A Friend lost…

I really never thought that what I had would be lost. And for this case, I lost a friend, just because of my selfishness and conceitedness.
But at one point, I asked myself, was I the one at fault? Or was the other person? I never really saw that coming. We were very good friends the moment we knew each other and I was sure then that it would not change. But I was wrong…
I met her when I attended the Orientation for new students in my new school, Don Bosco- Canlubang. She was my group mate for the whole 4 days that I came and went home. She called me Kuya, and true enough, she’s just a fresh graduate from high school, unlike me who had just transferred there. Those four days were wonderful, I learned from her, and vice-versa. She was beautiful, in her own respect, and she is wonderful in many ways.
Then here comes the beginning of the school year. We were the same; the only difference is that she has more friends now than before. I felt left out, but she assured me that everything was ok between us, and that she is not avoiding me in any way.
But silly me…I kept on being arrogant and closed-minded about things…to keep the story short, we parted ways, without me being able to know the whole picture.
Sometimes, it really takes someone to be lost in one’s life to know how stupid he has become…just like me.

No comments: